Walking and hiking
The area is fantastic for hiking, from short walks to long rambles. Many of the ski-lifts run during the summer, providing access to different areas of the mountains. A variety of hiking books and leaflets are kept at the chalet, and the tourist office in Praz can provide more up to date information if necessary. Praz is also on the “Tour du Pays du Mont Blanc,” a 170km long circuit of marked paths around the region. Local guides can be hired for one day hikes or overnight stays. Check out the “bureau de guides“.
A small outdoor climbing wall is situated in the playground in Praz, and a series of indoor walls can be found at the Megeve Sportspaleis. For more adventurous outings, contact the mountain guides office, bureau de guides, on +33 (0)450 215511 or have a look at their website.
There are a number of VTT (mountain bike) trails in the area. Information and leaflets can be found at the Praz tourist office.
“Accro-branche” (high-wire forest course)
The Cote 2000 high-wire forest course is a 15 minute drive from the chalet and is an exhilarating day out for all the family. They cater for both adults and children and all safety equipment is provided. Check out: www.cote2000aventure.com.
Other summer activities
The following activities are also available in Praz and/or Megeve:
– Horse riding
– Horse-drawn carriages
– Summer luge
– Hot air ballooning
– Mushing (husky sledding)
– “Loulscoot” (‘mini’ quad biking – www.loulscoot.com)
– Golf (www.golf.megeve.com)
– Fishing (you will need a permit, available at the tourist office in Praz-sur-Arly)
– Whitewater rafting
– Hot air ballooning (www.alpes-montgolfiere.com)
– Paragliding and hang-gliding (www.megeve-parapente.com)
– Quad biking (the nearest venue for this is at Les Saisies, a 40-minute
– drive away (www.lessaisies.com)
– Flying lessons/tours of the area by air (www.aerocime.com)
– Helicopter rides (www.mbh.fr)
– Paintball (www.paintballexperience.net)
The tourist office on the main road through Praz-sur-Arly can give you more information on all of these activities.